How to use 2 SIM cards on Google Pixel 3a
How to use two SIM cards on Google Pixel 3a?
Having two SIM cards on your Google Pixel 3a can be of great use. We will see here how to insert the two cards into your Google Pixel 3a. Then we will see how to activate them, especially for data usage. Finally, we will see why having two SIM cards can be wise, then How does it work.
First of all, for the daily management of your Google Pixel 3a, the easiest solution may be to use a Dual SIM manager. We recommend in particular Dual Sim Selector, SIM Tool Manager ou Dual Sim Dialer Widget.
Via some of these apps like Dual Apps, you can have two separate game or social network accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok etc.) from your Google Pixel 3a. You can also block certain calls on one SIM and not on the other.
Also, you can have two social accounts with a single SIM card on Google Pixel 3a, using apps like dual Space, Parrallel Space ou 2Accounts. This will allow you to have two or more social accounts on your Google Pixel 3a (two accounts Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram, Messenger, etc.), and games (Clash of Clans, Lords Mobile, FreeFire, LOL, Minecraft, etc.).
How to insert your two SIM cards on Google Pixel 3a
Here is how to insert your SIM cards in 3 steps.
- In the small hole in the SIM card tray of your Google Pixel 3a, insert a paperclip or SIM eject tool. Push this paperclip or needle inside your Google Pixel 3a to eject the SIM tray. Be careful, this plate is fragile and this is a delicate operation.
If in doubt, seek professional help.
- You will notice the notch in the corner of the new SIM card. Place the first SIM card in the bottom of the tray. The SIM card can only be inserted in one direction due to the notch.
Last but not least, just insert the other SIM card into the notch at the top.
- After having put in place the two cards (nano-SIM or micro-SIM depending on the manufacturer's specifications), completely reinsert the SIM tray. You will only be able to insert the media in one orientation.
Transfer calls between the two SIMs on Google Pixel 3a
To forward your calls from one SIM card to another, you can simply use an application for transferring calls between SIMs. This is very useful if one of the lines is busy or if the network is missing.
You can also do the following.
- Go to “Settings” from the home screen of your Google Pixel 3a.
- Then go to “Network and Internet” or equivalent.
- From there, tap on "Advanced settings", then "Dual SIM".
- Finally, go to the “Dual SIM card availability” menu and activate this function.
- You can then activate call transfer between the two cards of your Google Pixel 3a.
How to activate and manage data via the second SIM card
You can very simply change the SIM card using the data.
To do this.
- From the home screen, click on “Settings”.
- Click on "Connections" or "Data".
- Click on "SIM card manager" or equivalent.
- Click on "Mobile Data".
- At this point, if “SIM 1” is selected on the screen, it means that you are using SIM 1 to access the Internet from your Google Pixel 3a. If you want to use the SIM 2 card to access the Internet, click on "SIM 2" or the name of the associated operator.
- Switch to SIM 2 to access mobile data.
The advantages of Dual SIM on Google Pixel 3a
There are now many mobile operators offering different plans.
For example, you may want to use telephony via a SIM card, then data with another SIM card, from another operator.
This will perhaps allow you to save on tariffs by making use of the competition.
You can also choose to have a work line and a personal line on your Google Pixel 3a. At last, Dual SIM is very useful if you are traveling abroad : you can use a bundle in one country, and another bundle in the visited country. Having two separate phones is surely not a good solution. With the use of two phones, you can more easily lose one of the devices, including your Google Pixel 3a. There is also the difficulty of recharging the battery if you only have an electrical outlet available.
To recap on the advantages of using Dual SIM on your Google Pixel 3a
- Economical: you can have the cheapest plan for each situation. Especially for mobile data, a trip abroad or a dedicated professional line.
- Practical: if you only have a charging socket available.
- Eco-Friendly: You only need to buy one Google Pixel 3a. It's good for your wallet, but also for the planet.
Dual SIM on Google Pixel 3a: how does it work?
The users of some mobile phones can use two SIM cards, which is called dual SIM operation. Once a second SIM card is installed, users can manually switch between two separate mobile network services.
Your Google Pixel 3a probably has hardware support to keep both connections in a “sleep” state for automatic switching.
Your Google Pixel 3a may also have separate transceivers to maintain both network connections at the same time.
To make the best use of your Dual SIM on your Google Pixel 3a, we recommend some applications available on the Play Store.
All expert teams are at your disposal if you need more information. Find all our articles on Google Pixel 3a to help you. In case of failure, the guarantee could ultimately be of good help to you.